Thursday 10 October 2013

Highlight & Contouring Kit

All about the Kim K look.......... I did my beauty training 6 years ago when foundation and concealer was really the only thing you did to prep the skin; so this is all new to me. As it is a new craze it's difficult to buy kits in shops so i was delighted to find one in my local Superdrug store, strictly speaking it's a concealer kit but works perfectly for H&C. It comes in 5 different kits with different shades for any skin tone, i went with number 3 but given i have an olive skin tone i could do with a 4 (which i WILL be purchasing). It has a light and dark shade, followed by a setting powder. I never wear foundation only a tinted moisturiser (never needed to so don't intend to start now) so i found it a bit heavy looking on my skin; but I have tried it on my friends that do wear foundation and it looks great on them. The key thing with H&C is to go 2 shades lighter than your skin tone for highlighting, and 2 shades darker for contouring. I applied this kit with my finger, then blended with a sponge to get an even look, this look can look very pale at first but you get used to it and end up loving it!!



The texture is very smooth and velvety making it easy to apply, it doesn't have much of a scent, but i think it looks like an expensive product that cost just £7.99 which is always a bonus!! The brand Sleek is new to me, but so far i'm impressed; they have a great range of different products/shades with an even better price tag........O the appeal :)
So far an impressive product with dramatic results, here is a pick of this look I applied to a girlfriend :)



No comments:

Post a Comment